Reply To: OSSC PS2/Xbox Settings

NewHome Forums OSSC & OSSC Pro OSSC – Discussion and support OSSC PS2/Xbox Settings Reply To: OSSC PS2/Xbox Settings

nmalinoski
Participant

With the Dreamcast, since you’re going through VGA, make sure you set 480p in sampler to DTV 480p, otherwise the aspect ratio is going to be wrong.

Regarding the PS2, I believe what you’re seeing is overscan. On CRTs, those black areas are usually drawn beyond the viewable screen area; but modern flat-panel displays (LCD, [O]LED, etc.) will display the full frame. If you don’t want to see the overscan areas, you can try playing with the aspect ratio setting in the system settings menu, but I believe you’ll need to either use your TV’s zoom functionality or get a secondary scaler that can handle zooming or cropping of overscan; the OSSC was not designed for that kind of image manipulation.

For the Xbox, someone more experienced may need to chime in, but I think it could just be poor scaling on the part of your TV. Does your TV definitely recognize the signal as PAL60, or does it think it’s NTSC? Generally, I recommend using a softmod to change the video region to NTSC, so you can take advantage of 480p, 720p, and 1080i.