Reply To: Finished Building OSSC, Both leds solid color, screen turns on shows nothing

NewHome Forums OSSC & OSSC Pro OSSC – DIY Support Finished Building OSSC, Both leds solid color, screen turns on shows nothing Reply To: Finished Building OSSC, Both leds solid color, screen turns on shows nothing

Morpheus_79
Participant

Sad to see you had no luck in troubleshooting your unit. My first try of building an OSSC 1.5 had similar problems at first: both LEDs were on and the LCD only showed a fading backlight after turning the unit on. Luckily i had access to a descent microscope and eventually found a solder bridge on two pins of the TVP7002, which was almost impossible to see with just the magnifying goggles and glasses i own. Even though i did reflow all the pins multiple times before, it was still there. I had to use some solder wick and did some resoldering under the microscope to get rid of the bridge.

Most of the time it’s simply a small thing like that you fail to find all the time. But in my case i knew the FPGA worked (at least: partially), because i had no problems flashing the firmware via JTAG.