Reply To: N64 Issues with Stretched 2X, 4X and Jittery/Screen teared 5X

NewHome Forums OSSC & OSSC Pro OSSC – Discussion and support N64 Issues with Stretched 2X, 4X and Jittery/Screen teared 5X Reply To: N64 Issues with Stretched 2X, 4X and Jittery/Screen teared 5X

Yawnny
Participant

Hello again,

Further tinkering now that I’m off work and have a beer in me 🙂 Thank goodness for the weekend!

Update on 3. The screen jittering issue: Leon (my modder) and I were discussing this afternoon and he let me know that the little jitters I was detecting was due to Borti’s De-Blur firmware acting up. Sure enough, if I turn off de-blur, the image looks jitter free! Again, the jitter really isn’t that bad. Just noticeable on some 2D elements, but rarely, if ever, during gameplay.

I’m going to order up a USB Blaster to flash the borti firmware, see if that helps. Another problem that wasn’t the OSSC, yay!

One of my remaining questions is in regards to one of the Sticky threads about 4X/5X tweaking.
The sticky thread mentions the following:

Lx5 mode (Generic 4:3)
Note, This may require a 1200 line capable panel.
Note 2, this might only work if Lx5 already works with your 263 line console, but not your 262 line console.

1. Decrease H.Samplerate to 1950
2. Increase H.Active to 1600 (4:3 for 1200 lines) OR decrease H.Active to 1440 (4:3 for 1080 lines).
3. Adjust H.Sync & H.Backporch as needed.

I can’t seem to find these options in any of the sub-menus of the OSSC. Are these located in some kind of service menu? If I can see a good clean picture, should I even bother with these settings?