Reply To: Need help getting a picture from my CPS2 games

NewHome Forums OSSC & OSSC Pro OSSC – Discussion and support Need help getting a picture from my CPS2 games Reply To: Need help getting a picture from my CPS2 games

Anonymous
Inactive

Do you have the clips that go into the side of the boards and keep them securely fitted together? Sometimes, these are necessary to ensure they stay seated firmly, but it’s unlikely you have 5 B boards that would all be giving you the same trouble.

Does the supergun have a readout on it showing you what the 5V line is actually at? If not, check it with a multimeter as close to the CPS2 JAMMA input as possible. Decase the A board if you have to, to check 5V with it running. It should measure right at 5.0V, maximum of 5.1V. 5.05V is safe and ensures a bit of compensation for minor voltage drop across the boards. Hopefully the supergun also gives you the ability to adjust 5V, in the event it is too low.

Lastly, what region are your B boards, and what region is your A board? The A board should have the region sticker on the top face (it will get covered once the B board is seated on it). Sometimes those stickers disappear tho. In that event, what color are the volume/test buttons on the side of the A board? I guess these answers can be avoided if your A board and your B board were tested together by someone else and confirmed working together.