Reply To: [STILL AT IT] Think I fried it. Heard a sizzle.

NewHome Forums OSSC & OSSC Pro OSSC – DIY Support [STILL AT IT] Think I fried it. Heard a sizzle. Reply To: [STILL AT IT] Think I fried it. Heard a sizzle.

Morpheus_79
Participant

Following your attempts in solving this strange issue i was hoping for the best… but expected no solution in replacing the HDMI chip. There were a lot of solder shorts you’ve found so far – so there could be more. And there’s still this little problem with the green LED not working. which is strange… but could be a hint at some bigger problem you haven’t found (yet).

I’ve built 14 or 15 OSSCs in the past and had my fair share of problems with some of them. But i’m still not skilled enough to help you any further since i’ve never seen such a problem before. However i hope you don’t give up in finding the issue. Now at least (according to the debug) some signal is properly recognized and you can rule out the HDMI transmitter IC as a cause. So there may be something wrong with the FPGA or its connection to the A/D video converter or the HDMI transmitter IC…