Reply To: OSSC Setup Guide on consoles, crt TVs and for streaming

NewHome Forums OSSC & OSSC Pro OSSC – Discussion and support OSSC Setup Guide on consoles, crt TVs and for streaming Reply To: OSSC Setup Guide on consoles, crt TVs and for streaming

SegaFanboy
Participant

Sorry that this will sound a bit harsh, but Harrumph is right. Take a deep breath and start over. Why do so many people ignore the description of the OSSC? It even says:

Composite video and S-Video are NOT supported and require an adapter/transcoder

Your first step before buying a 135€ device should have been comparing your device’s video outputs to the OSSC’s inputs, which is a one minute search in Google. I understand the confusion with the N64 (AV-Multi out, shipped with Scart Adapter), but the NES was shipped with RF (which clearly doesn’t fit). So there is only one Video output left, which is yellow and a yellow input does not exist on the OSSC. And this is the moment, where everyone should get suspicious and search Google or this Forum. I assume you used a ccart adapter, but Electronics is not Lego. Just because something fits, it doesn’t mean it will work. The best example is the above mentioned French NES, which you can plug in nearly every Nintendo AV-Cable until the Gamecube. Will it work? Sometimes. Will it brick your OSSC? Probably also sometimes. Just be careful, in your case nothing bad will happen, but it seems you don’t really know what you are doing.

Again: Sorry that all this sounds harsh, but I don’t mean it like this. I have the same problem and gave up log ago, because there is no cheap way to get a good picture from the NES to the OSSC.