July 20, 2019 at 5:14 PM #27075
I was going to create a thread with exactly the same issue.
So here is my setup:
- OSSC 1.6
- gchd mk-ii
- Official Wii component cables
- TV Sony x930e
- HT Sony DN1080 ( the tv is passing all the sound to the HT through ARC)
What I have noticed:
- When I enable 480pX2 audio seems to drop out every 7-15 second, this happens with both Audio Downsampling set to 2x or off
- 480p passthrough seems to work fine, the problem only occur with 480p x2
- I haven’t noticed sound drop outs with GBI 360px2 and x3 so far.
- Connecting Component Cables (with sound) directly to the TV also works fine ( So the cables are not the problem)
Seems like there is an issue with audio processing and 480p X2 at least with the gamecube.