Reply To: Looking to learn + try to get Line 3x on Sony Wega 34XBR970 TV working

NewHome Forums OSSC & OSSC Pro OSSC – Discussion and support Looking to learn + try to get Line 3x on Sony Wega 34XBR970 TV working Reply To: Looking to learn + try to get Line 3x on Sony Wega 34XBR970 TV working

Harrumph
Participant

Strange, it should accept 720p directly. On the other hand, the OSSC Lx3 output does not conform to standard pixel clock (it has unconventionally many total lines). That may be the issue, and in that case I think it’s simply incompatible. Btw seems this TV will have a lag penalty at any resolution except 1080i…

If for some weird reason it would accept 960×720 and not 1280×720, then you can perhaps reduce h. active value by 4/3 in advanced timing (i.e multiply by 3/4). Still I don’t think this will work because the pixel clock stays the same. Then you would need to also reduce sample rate by 4/3, but then you also degrade your image fidelity. This is because Lx3 mode is 16:9 by design (all horizontal variables are actually multiplied by 4/3 internally).

Also possibly the TV could be more tolerant on the analog inputs (different signal chain probably), solution could then be to use a HDMI to Component converter.