CLOSE – DVDO Edge-Sync lost (VGA dtv480)

NewHome Forums OSSC & OSSC Pro OSSC – Discussion and support CLOSE – DVDO Edge-Sync lost (VGA dtv480)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Furyofury
    Participant

(old title : 0.85 Sync lost VGA dtv480p, bug ?)
    Hello and excuse in advance my catastrophic English xd

I have had an OSSC 1.6 DVI since the release of this model.
    loss of sync on my DVDO Edge using the VGA input from the OSSC.

Methodology :
    Saturn (PAL 50 / 60hz), Dreamcast (stock or gdemu) Scart = ok
    PS2 YUV = ok
    Dreamcast PAL full stock or Dreamcast PAL PSU-Pico & GDEMU (clone) VGAbox = problem
    Games tested (60Hz) : (Nomad Soul PAL, Daytona USA US, Trizeal Jap, Les 24h du Mans PAL, Lodoss War PAL, 240p Test Suite).

Dreamcast (psu stock and pico-psu on load, voltage ok) -> VGABox (cheap/lowcost by Retrobit) -> OSSC (0.85) -> DVDO Edge (1.63 build147) with new psu -> Sony KDL-40w705c

Note : regularly reset to ossc and dvdo
    OSSC : x1, x2, x3
    DVDO Edge : Pass, Game OFF, Game ON
    I changed the hdmi to dvi cable / hdmi for dvi cable + hdmi adapter (ossc-> tv)
    The vga cable between vgabox and the OSSC

I thought for a while that it came from the dvdo edge and the Prep function (off “seemed” to activate loss of sync).
    Once everything worked perfectly then the loss of synchro manifested and accelerated (Led dvdo edge flashed blue, green or red) then the dvdo no longer displayed anything.

The “Info” function of the dvdo indicated the resolution (test in 720 @ 60 and 1080 @ 60) and the frequency but -H and -V were flashing.
    The ossc does not blink, no loss on its side.

By dint of changing the settings I realized that the DTV-480p parameter instantly caused problems on the dvdo edge.
    I always had this parameter on the old firmwares but with 0.85 it “seems” to be a problem.
    In AUTO or 640×480, everything is ok

Unfortunately, I no longer have a micro sd 2go card to put the 0.84 back. I lent it …

EDIT
    I totally forgot, I stayed in my old habit of <4go
    I put 0.84 and … the same.

EDIT
    I forgot to do a very simple test, plug the ossc on the tv.
    Similar result, with dtv-480p I have the same cuts.
    I was convinced that I had played with this parameter until now, and this, with each version of the firmware.
    Anyway, false problem, it’s time to move on, close this topic and I’m going to sleep for several weeks: p

• This topic was modified 3 weeks, 1 day ago by Furyofury.
    • This topic was modified 3 weeks ago by Furyofury.
    • This topic was modified 3 weeks ago by Furyofury.
    Harrumph
    Participant

Curious. Couldn’t tell from the video, is this problem only with 480p content, or 480i & 240p as well?
    By the way, you can downgrade to 0.84 with any sd card, doesn’t have to be 2gb anymore since many many firmwares ago.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 1 day ago by Harrumph.
    nmalinoski
    Participant

I can’t tell from the video–what does the OSSC’s LCD say if you set it to DTV 480p (causing loss of signal) and exit the menu?

Also, you can use SD cards greater than 2GB as long as you’re dealing with firmwares 0.74 or higher.

Furyofury
    Participant

I forgot to do a very simple test, plug the ossc on the tv.
    Similar result, with dtv-480p I have the same cuts.

I was convinced that I had played with this parameter until now, and this, with each version of the firmware.

Anyway, false problem, it’s time to move on, close this topic and I’m going to sleep for several weeks: p

• This reply was modified 3 weeks ago by Furyofury.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.