4:3 content appears slightly stretched

NewHome Forums OSSC & OSSC Pro OSSC – Discussion and support 4:3 content appears slightly stretched

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    charliechip95
    Participant

Edit: I tried the game in an emulator and the boxes were rectangles there as well — I suppose they are meant to be rectangles, my bad. Still, does anyone know how to adjust the width of the image in the OSSC, similar to the zoom width option in the Framemeister? Is that possible with the OSSC?

When playing 4:3 games from my GameCube or N64 on the OSSC, I noticed that the image is being slightly stretched in the horizontal axis. Squares appears like rectangles and circles more like ovals because of this. Has anyone encountered this issue, and if so, do you know what causes it and how to fix it? I took this image to show the problem on my GameCube. I was using the 2x line multiplication mode.

Framemeister vs TV vs OSSC upscaling

paulb_nl
    Participant

480pX2 on AV2 outputs as 1440×960 resolution by default so if your display does not display that as 4:3 then it will be too wide. If possible set the display to 4:3.

Otherwise enable Allow upsample2x and set 480p in sampler to VESA 640×480 so the OSSC will output 1280×960.

For N64 you can adjust the width of the image by going to the Advanced timing tweaker and change H.samplerate.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.