480p Dropouts – Last ditch effort

NewHome Forums OSSC & OSSC Pro OSSC – Discussion and support 480p Dropouts – Last ditch effort

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ViraLicious
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve been in contact with Matt from Video Game Perfection about this issue, and he’s been most helpful with providing me with suggestions and things to try for the issue I am experiencing, but thought I should try and reach out to a wider audience as a last ditch effort to hopefully find a solution to this problem.

Ever since I bought my new OLED LG C9 and OSSC last year I’ve had issues with 480p content. No matter the source, be it from my Dreamcast, Wii, Xbox or PS2 – I get frequent dropouts. The drops occur at random, sometimes after an hour or more of playing and other times just after booting up the system. Both the sound and image disappear for 1-2 seconds.
    The TV should support the OSSC well – NES, SNES and all other problematic consoles work flawlessly! Without any drops or any kind of compatibility issue whatsoever! So I only have issues with 480p content. I haven’t tried 480i enough to know whether I have issues there as well.
    I’ve tried everything I can think of from bypassing my gscart switcher and connecting it directly to my OSSC, tried different cables (short and long) and even several HDMI cables, had the OSSC run through a receiver (only difference was that the sound didn’t disappear as the image went black) and I have tried a myriad of different settings – but nothing has helped…

Lately I’ve focused on trying to get my Dreamcast stable. I’ve played around with tons of settings, since I first thought it was an optimal timings issue – but no matter what I’ve tried it still drops. So I doubt that’s the culprit. I’ve used FBX’s profiles and made my own as well as tried out the standard settings, but nothing works. I’ve also tried to increase the ‘Analog sync Vth’ to max, the ‘Hsync tolerance’ to 10.00-12.30 and the ‘H-PLL Pre-Coast/Post-Coast to 3 respectively, but nothing seems to do the trick.

I don’t know what more to test here. Does anyone have a suggestion of what I could try or perhaps could point me in a direction for how to figure out how the sync settings work? Because I haven’t been able to wrap my head around that.

Thanks,
    Vira

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

Please remind me, when the image drops does the LCD on the OSSC flash at all?

ViraLicious
    Participant

Hi Matt!

It has once when the drop took longer than 1-2 seconds. I believe it was when I was playing Halo: CE on my Xbox – then the light turned red. I think I even had to restart the OSSC in order to get it back in sync. Anyway, I’ve seen it turn red, but only once or twice I think.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.