4X Stretching Horizontally

NewHome Forums OSSC & OSSC Pro OSSC – Discussion and support 4X Stretching Horizontally

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    bamf226
    Participant

I hooked up my SNES today and noticed that if I use 4X line multiplication, the image stretches across the whole screen. If i use 5X instead, the picture is bounded by large black bars on either side. Is this normal? The 5X version looks much better because of this

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

It’s down to your TVs scaler but given 4x is a 4:3 resolution (1280×960) there should be a way to override the stretching and bring it back to 4:3.

bamf226
    Participant

After doing some more testing, it happens with 2X and 4X, not 3X or 5X. All of the lineX modes are set to Generic 4:3. This is something I would like some clarity on since I plan to use my RetroTink 2X to chain to the OSSC in the near future as I believe the OSSC needs to be in passthru mode for the RetroTink signal. I would prefer not to have that display stretched since I can’t boost it to 3X or 5X.

Harrumph
    Participant

Again, set your display to 4:3. Only lx3 and Lx5 (1080p mode) output 16:9 image.
    It’s retrotink2x that should be in passthrough, and you can use any line multiplication with ossc (assuming you want to upscale a 240p signal.

bamf226
    Participant

Thanks for the tip on connecting the RetroTink. Changing to 4:3 on the TV fixed the problem too.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.