5X mode for US Genesis on Projector is cutting off image

NewHome Forums OSSC, OSSC Pro and DExx-vd isl OSSC – Discussion and support 5X mode for US Genesis on Projector is cutting off image

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    munnlete
    Participant

I am using the OSSC for use on a US Sega Genesis, outputting to a 1080p Panasonic PTAE8000U projector.

When using 5x mode, a significant amount of the bottom of the gameplay is cut off. This is not an issue with the other modes.

I don’t see any type of feature related to “reverse masking,” and I’m no expert on all the advanced settings for this product, so I’m hoping I could get some assistance. Can provide additional info if needed

Firmware current- updated June 2018.

nmalinoski
    Participant

When using 5x in the 1920×1080 mode, the top and bottom of the image are going to get cut off, because the 5x the vertical resolution of 240p is 1200, so you’re going to lose 60 lines from both the top and bottom when masking that to 1920×1080. If you want the full image, you’ll either have to use the 1600×1200 or 1920×1200 modes (if your projector supports them) or switch to 4x mode.

munnlete
    Participant

The impression I gather from the projector’s manual is that the projector is capable of 1920X1200 resolution (WUXGA). But I haven’t found a way on the projector to force it to display at that resolution.

nmalinoski
    Participant

So what happens with the projector if you set the Line 5x display mask/resolution/whatever to 1920×1200?

munnlete
    Participant

I’m ashamed to say I might either not know how to change 5X from 1920X1080 to 1920X1200 on the OSSC, or perhaps I don’t know how to apply a setting once it’s highlighted.

The remote I use is the standard OSSC remote that comes with it.

nmalinoski
    Participant

For your reference, here is the wiki for the OSSC: http://junkerhq.net/xrgb/index.php?title=OSSC

The setting you need to change is Output opt. > Line5x format

I believe settings changes should take effect immediately, but they won’t persist unless you save the current settings to a profile.

munnlete
    Participant

OK I located 1920X1200 and 1600X1200, but the projector/receiver wouldn’t process those signals. *shrug*

Thanks though

munnlete
    Participant

So, according to a forum about my projector, the projector can only do 1920X1200 if the input cable is RGB Component. But the OSSC doesn’t have a RGB Component out…correct? So I’d need to use some sort of adapter I’d gather.

nmalinoski
    Participant

If by ‘RGB Component’ it means RGBHV/VGA, you can get an active HDMI to VGA converter fairly cheap.

If it wants RGBS or RGsB, you’re probably going to need the converter and something like an Extron RGB interface. :/

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.