Anyone try Koryuu with Commodore C64/C128?

NewHome Forums Koryuu Transcoder Anyone try Koryuu with Commodore C64/C128?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    djc6
    Participant

I’m considering getting a Koryuu for use with my Commodore C64/C128 and my OSSC. Anyone ever try any Commodore gear with your Koryuu?

My units are all NTSC but curious if anyone PAL or NTSC has tried it

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

I use mine with my PAL C64 and it works great for me, my C64 has the lumafix and the s-video bypass installed though.

djc6
    Participant

I have a C64 with the a vgp s-video bypass and lumafix to try out

DocDee
    Participant

Hi there… Hope it’s not too late since the thread started back in november.

I received my Koryuu yesterday. Tested it with my stock bread bin PAL C64. I’m using a self made S-video cable to connect the C64 to the Koryuu, which is connected to my OSSC. As a display I am currently using a 2018 Samsung QLED TV. Works just fine so far. Of course, because the C64’s video output is unmodded, you get the same issues you would see on a high quality CRT, such as the slight color banding, fuzziness etc.. But that’s expected and not a fault of the Koryuu or the OSSC. I am running that setup in OSSC’s generic 5x mode and the picture is stable, colorful and as sharp as it get’s from that machine. IMO the picture looks great with hybrid scan lines. Much better than when we hooked that thing up to cheap small tube TV’s using the RF output, back in the 80’s!

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

I took some screen captures of mine in action recently. It’s the cleanest I’ve seen the C64s S-Video:-

djc6
    Participant

I just started playing with the RF-bypass + Koryuu + OSSC (no Lumafix) on my NTSC C64 and I agree it looks really good. Picture is sharp, and the jailbars are minimized to the point I haven’t felt the need to try lumafix.

Michal Stepien
    Participant

Could you share your Koryuu+C64 ossc profile?

djc6
    Participant

I didn’t really change anything in the OSSC. I just plugged in to Koryuu and used OSSC defaults. I just changed input on OSSC to component.

The Koryuu does have four ‘inputs’ to cycle through; I think “S-Video + pedestal (7.5 IRE mode)” looks best on my LCD the colors are a little more saturated.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.