Apple Cinema Display + Saturn

NewHome Forums OSSC & OSSC Pro OSSC – Discussion and support Apple Cinema Display + Saturn

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Hakuoki
    Participant

Hi team,

I am hoping to use OSSC 1.6 via RGB SCART (Saturn) to my 30″ Apple Cinema Display. I am having problems getting a useable image. As I understand this display defaults to something like 1280×800 when a single link DVI adaptor is used. Anyone use one of these for their Saturn via OSSC? Is it a cable thing? I am new to this fun stuff.

Appreciate your time and insight!

-H

Harrumph
    Participant

What do you mean by “useable image”, you get no image or the image is stretched? What multiplication mode are you trying to use? What scaling options are there on the display?

Hakuoki
    Participant

Hi,

So I only get an image on Line3x. The image I get is distorted, bouncing, flickering. I have run MAME games on the display from within OSX at 320×240 (in fact Saturn games as well…). Mind you thats via dual link DVI-D to my GTX980ti. As it is an Apple product, the display has no user menu; it detects whatever resolution and uses it… My options for the display within OSX are: 2560×1600, 2048×1280, 1600×1000, 1344×840, 1280×800 (I believe this is he single link default), 1024×640

Thanks for your kind help and insight!

-H

Harrumph
    Participant

The OSSC itself keeps sync (steady green light)?
    But I suspect you may be out of luck with this display.

Hakuoki
    Participant

Hey,

Ok so update. After learning a lot more about the ossc. I got this working (sort of);
    TX: DVI
    240p line3x / generic 4:3 or generic 16:9

It’s a stable complete picture about one inch from the top of my monitor, but I have a good two inches of the top of that image on the bottom of the screen. I mean it’s totally playable; the top image is complete and not weird; but the weird bottom of the screen top/thing is distracting AF.How can I fine tune this?

Best regards,

H

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.