Approved List of Power Supply Replacements?

NewHome Forums OSSC & OSSC Pro OSSC – Discussion and support Approved List of Power Supply Replacements?

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I just went to buy an OSSC and I see the PSUs are out of stock. That’s ok, but I see a *ton* of posts on here of people blowing out their OSSC’s, and it got me wondering that maybe we should have a list of OSSC-Approved power supply alternatives.

This way there’s less of these posts, which means less people out their frying their stuff.

Does anyone have a link to a good replacement PSU? (There were no PSU requirement changes between board revisions, right? They all use the same one?)

Harrumph
    Participant

No list afaik, but there have been various reports of working solutions.

Tbh, it’s easy to find a suitable PSU from just following the specs of required adapter (from the OSSC sales page):

You require a unit that outputs DC 5V with at least 1 Amp. The tip must be 2.1 x 5.5mm and centre positive.

Here’s an example:
    https://www.videogameperfection.com/forums/topic/power-supply-advice/

Or if you want to use a USB PSU with adapter:
    https://www.videogameperfection.com/forums/topic/usb-power-supply/

I’m just kind of deathly afraid of blowing what would be a critical component of my gaming setup. Ya know? Especially when there are forum threads after forum threads of other people blowing theirs.. I’d much rather there be a list of confirmed working Amazon/eBay power supplies that we could use until VGP gets more in stock.

It’s the only reason I haven’t ordered an OSSC yet. And there’s a good chance I’d need multiple units, too. =/ I just don’t trust that I wouldn’t fuck it up somehow.

To give you an example of why I don’t trust myself, your reply is only about a week old and already the first link you posted is dead. LOL. And I expected nothing less, because that’s exactly how my luck works =P

I do appreciate your help, though.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.