Atari 130XE with VBXE upgrade?

NewHome Forums OSSC, OSSC Pro and DExx-vd isl OSSC – Discussion and support Atari 130XE with VBXE upgrade?

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    STNoob
    Participant

Nice one! Thank you very much for testing!

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

Can you give me the settings you “tweaked around” with and I’ll put them on the wiki thanks 🙂

slaapliedje
    Participant

Damnit, sorry I thought I replied to this, but it was on my phone…

So I used the above suggestions with H.Active, but in the same area under advance settings I changed the H and V Synclean and Backporch to move the screen up / down and left / right.

I saved out the profile, is there any way to export those and upload them?

Edit: and of course the Allow Upscale 2x was turned ‘on’ to get rid of the vertical lines.

paulb_nl
    Participant

Using LineX2 and upsample2X is the easiest way to get a good image because it samples at twice the sample rate but to get the sharpest image you need to set Upsample2X off and tweak H.samplerate and Sampling phase.

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

Easier said than done without a test pattern though!

So basically, V Active 400, Allow Upsample 2x and adjust backporch as necessary?

slaapliedje
    Participant

Yeah, I think part of the problem is TVs tend to accept various signals a bit differently than others. For example, I have a 3D TV that is 1080p. So will probably accept some signaling that some of the newer 4k ones will not. At least it supports a 1:1 ratio, for older consoles, that’s glorious!

But yeah, that’s basically what I did, tweaked backporch and synclean until it was centered up/down as best it could be. I think I probably stretched mine out, because I’m sure the 640×400 is supposed to have black bars on the side larger than what they are.

paulb_nl
    Participant

That background is a 1 pixel checkboard pattern which is a perfect pattern for finding the sample rate 🙂 https://youtu.be/EBStHr4XCTg?t=1m23s

Marlin Followell
    Participant

OK, I need a little help here. I have ST high resolution displaying on my monitor. I have Allow upsample2x turned on, so the lines are gone and the picture looks pretty good. The problem is that the screen is off-center and the top and right are cut-off. I see that slaapliedje said he adjusted made adjustments to H.Active and V.Active and changed the H and V Synclean and Backporch to move the screen up / down and left / right, but I can’t find where to do this.

I mean, I see those options under Adv. Timing, but they appear for each of 29 different resolutions, and I have no idea which one to adjust. I’m using Line2x mode with high resolution and my monitor says the resolution is 1280×768. I don’t see a resolution in Adv. Timing that equates to this. I’ve tried modifying the settings mentioned under any resolution listed that seems close, but nothing I do makes and difference in the image or its position on the screen.

Does anyone know what I’m doing wrong or where I should go to make these adjustments?

Thanks.

photo IMG-3206_zpsnu4xzatj.jpg

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.