Brightness Too Low with Neo Geo AES system

NewHome Forums OSSC & OSSC Pro OSSC – Discussion and support Brightness Too Low with Neo Geo AES system

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    arvislegend
    Participant

I have a Neo Geo AES system connected to an OSSC via an RGB Scart cable. I can get picture just fine and can even get line doubling X4 working on my Samsung 4K UHD TV but I do notice that the picture isn’t very bright. Even with the brightness setting on my TV set to the highest, the picture on the Neo Geo is still noticeably dim. Is there a way to adjust the brightness on the OSSC?

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

is it only your AES that exhibits this problem?

TyMiles2012
    Participant

Try “Video In Proc” > “Pre-ADC Gain”

My MVS setup going from SCART to Component to OSSC was a bit dim and that fixed it, but I had to save it as a new preset because my other consoles weren’t dim.

SavagePencil
    Participant

The AES just outputs kinda dim. One thing you can do is turn on borders on the OSSC to full white. Then find a screen in a game that is displaying pure white. Use the Pre-ADC gain to get the white from the game in the neighborhood of the border white. If you’re a stickler, then try the R, G, and B Gains to fine-tune it.

http://junkerhq.net/xrgb/index.php?title=OSSC#Pre-ADC_Gain

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

Perhaps a RGB bypass or other hardware mods might fix the issue too? we have seen AES consoles with bad/noisy pictures but not dim before.

arvislegend
    Participant

I shall give this a try.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.