Burn in on IPS display

NewHome Forums OSSC & OSSC Pro OSSC – Discussion and support Burn in on IPS display

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    fierman
    Participant

Using recent 0.81 firmware, I get almost instant burn in on my ips monitor. A display with a steady horizontal scroller white-on-black for instance will leave a flickering burn-in after 15 minutes or so.
    Any ways to prevent this?

fierman
    Participant

I definitely have the feeling the new scanline method attributes to the problem btw.

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

What source and what scanline settings are you using?

fierman
    Participant

Source is a Commodore 64 (300Ohm resistors on chroma/luma) through a Sony YR3000 rgbs transcoder. Signal levels seem to be ok.
    Scanline: auto, Scanline str. 50%. The rest default.

Galdelico
    Participant

Just to be clear: was the same situation not affecting your display with the previous firmware?

fierman
    Participant

Not with this severity, no.

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

Hmm, I can’t see any reason why different scanlines would make the problem worse. If your scanline settings are default apart from 50% then the scanline engine is no different from the old firmware anyway.

Galdelico
    Participant

Not with this severity, no.

That’s quite odd, then. IPS screens not dealing nicely with stationary, heavy flickering graphics is a known issue since a while, now. I’m not sure what’s going on with your setup, but I’ll check it out on mine, tomorrow, just to see if I can spot anything different from before (even though I don’t expect so, as I use a TN monitor, as my OSSC display).

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.