Component Troubleshooting on OSSC Kit Build

NewHome Forums OSSC, OSSC Pro and DExx-vd isl OSSC – Discussion and support Component Troubleshooting on OSSC Kit Build

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    SkydivinGirl
    Participant

Hi everyone!

I recently built two OSSC 1.6 kits! One of them is working flawlessly but the other one is not working with component video. Plugging in a PS2 via SCART shows up when set to RGBS (with the wrong colors of course) but does not show anything on RGsB or YPbPr. My working OSSC shows the display with the wrong colors when set to RGsB so I mention this for troubleshooting. I get no image at all from the component output of my GameCube on any of Input 2’s modes.

I’ve double-checked my soldering and there’s not a drop of flux to be seen on the PCB. I’m not quite sure where to begin more in-depth troubleshooting. If I can’t get component working then I guess this will end up being an interface for my Amiga computers but I would really like to get it working if I can.

Thanks for reading and for any suggestions you may have.

Heather

Morpheus_79
    Participant

Could be a problem related to the THS7353 (U17)… or maybe some shorted pins on the TVP7002 (U1)!? But those are all shots in the dark by an amateur with no profound knowledge in electronics…

SkydivinGirl
    Participant

Thanks for the ideas. I’ll check both of those. I’m 99.9% certain I don’t have any shorts. I’ve already double checked my soldering but it won’t hurt to check it again. I’ll have to look at the schematic to see where the component input goes. I’m thinking it might just be one signal wire not getting through properly since I have a greenish display when the input is set to RGB.

Thanks!

Heather

Morpheus_79
    Participant

SCART-RGB- and component-in both go to the input pins of the THS7353 and from its output pins to the TVP7002. Hence my assumption. But before going into the THS7353 every signal line is “buffered” by a 1µF ceramic capacitor and is connected through a 75Ohm resistor to ground. So the problem could be related to a broken capacitor or resistor too. But i would assume: for the component input to doesn’t work at all, multiple components have to be broken… which seems very unlikely.

SkydivinGirl
    Participant

Thanks! I’ll let you know what I find. 🙂

Heather

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.