Dexx board – OLED display alternative?

NewHome Forums OSSC, OSSC Pro and DExx-vd isl OSSC – Discussion and support Dexx board – OLED display alternative?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    b0nz0beavis
    Participant

Went to buy the OLED linked in the startup guide, which has a pretty good price of $12. Only problem is that Newhaven Display want to extort $80 to post to Australia.

There aren’t many alternatives availabe, as far as I can find any, but this one on Mouser looks like it could work. https://au.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Newhaven-Display/NHD-0216CW-AY3?qs=8UoQy1KDZL65MhQ43j7Xdw%3D%3D

I don’t mind waiting until early next year, if it means I don’t get shafted for postage. Can someone confirm this display is fine? It has the same spec for viewing area, interface, power. The problem with pretty much every other LCD and OLED display is that they don’t have the 20 holes in the PCB. There’s probably an adapter cable of some sort that could work for those displays though but it would mean having to attach to the dexx board some other way and that is something I can’t be bothered attempting to solutionise.

marqs
    Participant

Yes, that should work, it’s just different color. Any similar character display using US2066 in I2C mode should be compatible but most likely requires rewiring the pins.

b0nz0beavis
    Participant

Oh cool. Thanks, Marqs.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.