DExx video jitter

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    MiKE41
    Participant

Hey all,

I received my DExx board yesterday and soon after ran into an issue with the video output jittering. The issue seems to be at its worst when I use scaler mode with a 480i/480p source and have the output set to 1080p.

My source is a North American PS2 connected to the DExx with HD Retrovision cables and a component to scart adapter I made myself. In the default line multiplier mode its fairly stable, however as soon as I switch it to scaler mode the video starts jumping around as if it’s having trouble following the horizontal sync.

Here are some videos I recorded of the output:

Do you have any suggestions for something I can try to solve the issue?

Thanks,
    Michael

marqs
    Participant

Do you have the firmware 0.57 on the sd card (can be checked by pressing INFO key on remote)? Also, are there any other peripherals connected to DE10-Nano, and does the issue reproduce also on other displays?

The jitter is basically caused by ground noise, and due to the pin header hookup it’s not possible to get very strong connection between the ground planes. On the firmware side the issue have been mitigated by controlling slew rates and the latest ones should be stable up to 1080p output.

MiKE41
    Participant

Hey Marqs,

I figured out the issue… turns out my pin header on the DE10-nano was not so great. I got this DE10-nano from a friend with a broken header and repaired it with whatever I had in my house. Following your comment yesterday, I inspected the pin header and noticed that the replacements weren’t gold plated like the original, so I spent some time to remove the whole header and replace it fully with some gold plated ones. Now my DExx-vd_isl works perfectly.

Thanks,
    Michael

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 6 days ago by MiKE41.
    • This reply was modified 3 weeks, 6 days ago by MiKE41.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.