Does the OSSC 1.6 support anamorphic widescreen?

NewHome Forums OSSC, OSSC Pro and DExx-vd isl OSSC – Discussion and support Does the OSSC 1.6 support anamorphic widescreen?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    GD46
    Participant

I’m currently on the fence about purchasing an OSSC, as my TV’s (4K Samsung RU7100) internal scaler has some artefacting issues displaying with 480p content through its component input. I will mainly be using the OSSC for playing OG Xbox, GC, and Wii games, many of which support anamorphic widescreen, which my TV’s internal scaler can display in the proper aspect ratio. However, I came across this thread (https://www.videogameperfection.com/forums/topic/wii-480p-widescreen/) which suggested that the OSSC cannot stretch the anamorphic image to 16:9 due to technically still being 4:3, though this thread was created prior to the release of the OSSC 1.6. So… does it support anamorphic widescreen?

Harrumph
    Participant

If you set OSSC to passthrough at 480p, then yes the output is anamorphic (720×480), i.e. it is your display that needs to adjust it to 16:9 or 4:3.

GD46
    Participant

Oh, good to know. Will it also display properly when in the line double mode?

Harrumph
    Participant

Linedoubled 480p to 960p is a non-standard format (1440×960), so it depends on the display. If the display does not want to stretch it, then the aspect ratio will be too narrow (if widescreen content).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.