Does the OSSC pass through odd resolutions? (Retro PC question)

NewHome Forums OSSC & OSSC Pro OSSC – Discussion and support Does the OSSC pass through odd resolutions? (Retro PC question)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    TyMiles2012
    Participant

I have an OSSC 1.6. I’ve been thinking of building a Windows 98 PC overtime and I was wondering how it can handle other resolutions, even if just passed through, like for example 1280×1024 at 75hz, 800×600 at 100hz, etc. I’m getting a VGA CRT soon just to play my classic consoles on, but I may use it for capturing if I build a full retro PC around it, which I already know my card can capture high refresh rates and odd resolutions (1080p@120hz and 800×600@85hz work for example) Basically Retro PC VGA, VGA split to OSSC to Capture Card and Monitor directly. Exclusivly using V3 for RetroPC with Scart and Component for consoles.

I tried testing lower resolutions but Windows 10 doesn’t like making properly so I don’t have anything to properly test that. My OSSC OSD saw 320×200 75hz as 480p at 75hz for example, but my capture card at least saw that just fine, and I know 240p passthrough works on it as well.

I know the capture card isn’t on topic, but for those who see it and are curious, my capture card is the Avermedia Live Gamer 4K GC573.

Harrumph
    Participant

You can see the different “video modes” that OSSC detects from input signals here. It determines what default sampling is used, but that can always be changed in Advanced Sampling Opt afterwards (within certain constraints). Afaik, refresh rate is usually not a concern for this detection, but maybe 85-100Hz is a bit of a stretch…

TyMiles2012
    Participant

I’ll keep that section in a text file for future reference. Thanks! The much higher refresh rates are pretty much hypothetical since input latency doesn’t matter given it’s a VGA CRT and most or at least later games probably wouldn’t be able to push it consistently anyway assuming I go for a Voodoo 2.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.