DVI mode outputs red instead of blue

NewHome Forums OSSC, OSSC Pro and DExx-vd isl OSSC – Discussion and support DVI mode outputs red instead of blue

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    rthorntn
    Participant

Hi,

My OSSC has been epic, I want to use it with an old 4:3 monitor I have, it only has DVI (Samsung XL20) to get any picture I need to change to DVI mode but then a blue C64 (via Koryuu) BASIC screen outputs in red.

The monitor is fine, the C64 output is blue over HDMI and I’ve tried different HDMI to DVI cables.

Can someone please help?

Thanks.
    Richard

Zacabeb
    Participant

It could be that the monitor doesn’t like the formatting of the signal. When I encountered the same problem, adjusting the horizontal backporch up or down a step helped fix the RGB order.

Fingers crossed! 🤞

rthorntn
    Participant

Thanks, that didn’t work though.

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

What colour is the test pattern image when you first power on the OSSC?

rthorntn
    Participant

Thanks, I don’t see a test pattern when I power on the OSSC connected to the XL20 as the monitor doesn’t get a signal until I change the OSSC to DVI mode.

An update, I used an HDMI to VGA cable with a VGA to DVI-I dongle and I get the correct colours, obviously I have no need to change the OSSC to DVI mode.

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

You can change the OSSC to DVI mode and still see the test pattern. If you save settings DVI mode will also be retained.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.