Extron to OSSC Component not syncing.

NewHome Forums OSSC & OSSC Pro OSSC – Discussion and support Extron to OSSC Component not syncing.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Skulljoker
    Participant

Hello I’m a newbie at this kind of stuff. I’m using a Gamecube and Wii with their official component cables with BNC to RCA adapters hooked up to an Extron Crosspoint HVA1616. Mine just says “Crosspoint series switcher” My BNC to RCA adapters are from retrogamingcables.co.uk. I’m using original Xbox component cables to hook the Extron to the Ossc. How do I get this working? do I need an actual BNC to Component cable? or did I buy the wrong extron crosspoint?

Gamecube Component Cable > BNC to RCA Adapter > Extron > BNC to RCA Adapter > Original Xbox Component Cable > OSSC.

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

Surely your chain should be

Gamecube Component Cable > RCA to BNC Adapter > Extron Crosspoint
    Original Xbox Component Cable > RCA to BNC Adapter > Extron Crosspoint
    Extron Crosspoint > BNC to RCA Adapter > OSSC AV2

Is that what you meant?

nmalinoski
    Participant

@Skulljoker

How do I get this working? do I need an actual BNC to Component cable? or did I buy the wrong extron crosspoint?

What’s not working? There doesn’t seem to be a problem with your setup.

@BuckoA51

Surely your chain should be

Gamecube Component Cable > RCA to BNC Adapter > Extron Crosspoint
    Original Xbox Component Cable > RCA to BNC Adapter > Extron Crosspoint
    Extron Crosspoint > BNC to RCA Adapter > OSSC AV2

Is that what you meant?

The official “component cable” was actually a breakout box bundled with straight RCA cables–it wasn’t an all-in-one cable solution like almost all third-party cables were–so using those RCA cables to connect the CrossPoint to the OSSC makes sense here.

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

Yes I should have put it like:-

Original Xbox Component box > Standard RCA to RCA component cable > RCA to BNC Adapter > Extron Crosspoint
    Extron Crosspoint > BNC to RCA Adapter > Standard RCA to RCA component cable > OSSC AV2

Also, always use the top three inputs/outputs (RGB) when connecting component in and out of the Crosspoint, do not use either of the sync inputs, leave them empty.

Skulljoker
    Participant

I finally got it to work. I didn’t plug the component cables in the Extron far enough. I also figured out how to switch between consoles on the Extron. Press input 1 (Gamecube), Press output 1 (OSSC AV2) then press Enter on the Extron. If I want to switch to Wii (Input 3). Press input 3, Press output 1 (OSSC AV2) then press Enter on the Extron.

Thanks guys

nmalinoski
    Participant

Doing that, you’re technically just reconfiguring the unit, which is fine. There’s functionality for presets as well.

For example, you would tie input 1 to output 1 as you already are, press and hold Preset until it starts blinking, press 1, and press Enter; then, tie input 2 to output 1, press and hold Preset until it starts blinking, press 2, then press Enter. You would switch inputs by pressing and releasing Preset, then 1 or 2, then Enter.

Unfortunately, it’s the same number of button presses as what you’re already doing, so it’s moot for you. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ The presets are more useful if you have a more complicated setup.

For example, in my case, I have a bunch of AV equipment, an LCD TV, and a CRT TV, and I might want a preset that sends 480i YPbPr from my PS2 (input 1) to both my CRT (output 1) and AV1 on my OSSC (output 2), but then, while RGBS from my PS1 (input 2) can also go to AV1 on my OSSC (output 2), my CRT (output 1) can’t handle it, so that output needs to be disabled, and I’d need to instead send it to my Corio 2 (output 3) for colorspace conversion. So these two use cases would be stored in different presets. It can get messy. 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.