Firmware 0.87 / 0.88

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    marqs
    Participant

Firmware 0.87 has been released:

* New OSD
      * Mode preset selection improvements
      ** Selection made independent of physical input
      ** 480p preset defined by hsync length in auto mode
      ** Added 720p_50, 1080i_50 and 1080p_50 presets
      * Minor clamp/alc related improvements

Profile import fixed in v0.88.

slugman
      Participant

Hi, thanks for the update!
        I just upgraded but in OSD I don’t understand how to select/change resolutions in the “output opt” submenu ? Pressing “OK” button on the remote doesn’t validate changes ? is there another button to press on the remote ? Thanks

Harrumph
        Participant

You don’t need to press ok, just select with right/left buttons.

slugman
          Participant

ok, thanks

BuckoA51
            Keymaster

Getting reports from around the web that profile importing might be broken in this update. If using optimal timing profiles is important to you, you might want to hold off updating for now.

jonlad
              Participant

Yes some of my profiles were borked. Is there no way to read profiles off the OSSC and write back to the OSSC? Really painful to set up profiles again when something hasnt worked.

The OSD is AMAZING, an awesome feature. One suggestion – when changing profiles, is it possible to have the OSD pop up with the profile name for a few seconds, like a TV does when changing channels?
                The name of the profile doesnt show anywhere currently – you have to drill into Settings to make sure you’re in the correct one

megari
                Participant

@jonlad Exporting profiles to SD card has now been implemented and merged in the OSSC firmware repository. It is likely to be part of the next firmware version, but that is ultimately up to @marqs. It may be possible to avoid wiping your existing settings when updating the firmware and then do the export/backup, provided the settings revision fields do not change. This can then be imported to the online OSSC configuration tool for working on the settings through the web GUI and saved to a JSON file once the tool supports importing a binary settings image.

Harrumph
                  Participant

That’s awesome Megari!

jonlad
                    Participant

That is fucking epic @megari – thank you!

Steo
                      Participant

I haven’t been here in some time, but this update for the OSD is actually really nice!

hoshikawa
                        Participant

updating to this firmware seems to have partially broken my OSSC, it forgets the remote controlling programming every time it’s turned on, none of the profiles will save or load, and downgrading the firmware fails with an error.

Saldali
                          Participant

hoshikawa, I had exactly the same problem. Have you found a solution?

marqs
                            Participant

It sounds like the CPU can no more access the serial flash on your boards with the new FW. Some of the flash routines were optimized on v0.87 but they have been tested multiple times. Which board revision you have and where did you bought it from?

Saldali
                              Participant

Thank’s for your reply marqs. I realize you are the developer of the OSSC?
                                It’s such a great product, it’s the only way I found to get acceptable video quality out of my euro TI99. I’m hooked.

I upgraded from 0.86 to 0.88

The printed manual that came with the unit mentions Revision 1B

I bought it March or April this year, from this seller:
                                https://www.micomputer.es/es/inicio/396-ossc-open-source-scan-converter.html
                                It came with a remote, multi region PSU and a quality printed manual, which referred to VideogamePerfection.com/ACEL in the last page

I’m thinking… if I downgrade using the JTAG socket, maybe I can get back to normal operation again?
                                I’ve ordered a USB-Blaster compatible programmer to try that. I saw that you have the 0.85 .jic file in the firmware folder. Then, use the SD to go back to 0.86?…

BR
                                A.Salvador

marqs
                                Participant

@Saldali: It is indeed possible to downgrade using JTAG. You could also remove the bottom plexi and take a photo of the flash chip as I think that might be a part that is causing the issue.

@hoshikawa
                                  : where did get yours? There might be a pattern, although it’s too early to make any conclusions.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.