Firmware 0.87 / 0.88

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Saldali
    Participant

marqs, hope the quality is good enough:
    Bottom side

Saldali
    Participant

accidentally double posted…

mr_hawk
    Participant

Same here, I bought mine from aliexpress, I previusly updated it to 0.86a. Today I decided to go for 0.88a, cant save remote control configuration, cant save profile (-22), cant import profile, cant load profile, can’t downgrade (it reads the sd, validates the data but fails with (-1) ).
    It seems it cant write to internal flash.

@marqs
    can it be fixed without the jtag?

mr_hawk
    Participant
    marqs
    Participant

It looks like those two are from the same factory. Can you post markings on U10 which is the large 8-leg chip near sd socket (designator missing from PCB for some reason)?

@mr_hawk
    : I don’t think it can be fixed without JTAG or removing the chip.

Saldali
    Participant
    mr_hawk
    Participant

Ok @marqs, I’ll look into buying one.

marqs
    Participant

It is not the same chip I’ve used, although the only relevant difference seems to be that is has double capacity (32Mb vs 16Mb). That shouldn’t be an issue, but with updated flash controller parameters I can’t say for sure without testing. You should point the issue to these sellers and ask them to debug it and send a pull request if they want to get it fixed for next firmware.

mr_hawk
    Participant

Here is my chip. Mine is a bit different from @Saldali

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

It looks like those two are from the same factory

Aren’t micompuTer supposed to be an official reseller and had their parts list verified?

megari
    Participant

@BuckoA51 If you look at the history of the OSSC page on junkerhq, they simply went ahead and added themselves there at one point in late 2019. Judging from an IRC conversation with @marqs, it appears that he’s never heard of the Spanish company before. But let’s let him comment on that aspect himself so as not to put words in his mouth.

In any case, they are using a different part, and from the photos it does seem like they are selling the exact same sets as one can find in AliExpress. This is also corroborated by the report by @mr_hawk (bought his ~OSSC from AliExpress) and @marqs commenting that they seem to be from the same factory.

marqs
    Participant

I don’t remember speaking with them. In general I’ve tried to encourage sellers who have been in contact with me to publish their part list on wiki so that potential buyers have an idea what they’d be getting. I’ll have to put a note on the wiki saying that firmware is guaranteed to work only with PCB and parts list matching the ones in github, other configurations are not officially supported.

Saldali
    Participant

I tried to downgrade my OSSC using JTAG, but ran into an error message.
    Described in this thread

marqs, if you could take a look into this error, I’d appreciate.

Saldali
    Participant

I was able to solve my problem using a JTAG programmer and some very appreciated help from marqs and others in the forum.
    See the whole story here.
    Best regards and thanks to all.

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

If that’s the case they should be removed from the Wiki, we should be more careful of that in the future, sorry everyone!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.