Firmware update troubles:

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    FBX
    Participant

So I had no problem updating to 0.79, when I tried to update to 0.80, I’m getting an “invalid data CRC” error. I’ve followed the instructions like before, and this is the same SD card I used to updated to 0.79. Any ideas?

FBX
    Participant

Update: Tested version 80 (non audio), and that passes CRC check. It’s the audio version that doesn’t. Problem is I’m using an OSSC that needs the audio version.

FBX
    Participant

Update 2: I got around the issue by updating to non-audio version 0.80 and then updating to the audio version, which passed CRC check no problem this time. So I have to believe there’s something in audio version 0.79 that thinks the audio version 0.80 is invalid.

nmalinoski
    Participant

I didn’t have this issue updating from 0.79a to 0.80a on my 1.6.

owlnonymous
    Participant

I had an issue updating from 0.78a to 0.80a on a 1.6. Install went fine, but only 2X works. When changing to all the other modes, it doesn’t switch over. I downgraded back to 0.78 and everything is working again. Any thoughts?

FBX
    Participant

@nmalinoski, well I don’t know what was causing the CRC check to fail then. I tried it a good 30 times and it wouldn’t work. Then I tried non-audio 0.80 and that worked on the first try, which then lead into 0.80a working first try. Same card, same software imager, same file.

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

@owlnonymous did you try the settings reset I suggested on Twitter?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.