Fried OSSC Troubleshooting

NewHome Forums OSSC & OSSC Pro OSSC – Discussion and support Fried OSSC Troubleshooting

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    NoAffinity
    Participant

Firstly, I damaged this OSSC. This is no reflection on the build quality or the great product that the OSSC is, it was completely self-caused. I have in fact bought a replacement, but am hoping to fix this damaged unit, to have a backup or whatever…and because I always love a challenge.

So, without going into details of my stupidity that lead to the damage, let’s just summarize by saying it was exposed to (either or both) overvoltage and AC voltage where it ought not to have been. At the time of the incident, the OSSC was powered on and when exposed to the harm, it flickered off. Upon re-powering the OSSC normally, it came on, and it would detect the input signal (all inputs and various consoles on all inputs = good). The OSSC would produce no output however.

I contacted VGP, they sent me to their recommended repairers. The repairers troubleshot it and deemed they could not fix it, but offered that replacing the Cyclone FPGA and the IT6613 would fix it.

So, I have swapped out the Cyclone and IT6613. First time dealing with SMD with a pad on the bottom, but eventually got it on, and successfully programmed the firmware (ossc_0.81-aud.jic) to it. And now, it’s doing the exact same thing as before – detects the input, but produces no HDMI output.

I have checked voltage at the Cyclone, IT6613 and 7002 – all good. Checked all pins on Cyclone and IT6613 – no shorts, all solder joints are good. Nothing is obviously burnt or fried from the initial incident.

The OSSC comes on with only the green LED light lit up (and LED screen working normally). Cycling through the source options but with no source present, the green light stays lit. If I apply a source, it is detected, and the red light comes on and stays lit, along with the green light staying lit.

What to check or replace next?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.