GameCube and GameBoy Player help needed

NewHome Forums OSSC, OSSC Pro and DExx-vd isl OSSC – Discussion and support GameCube and GameBoy Player help needed

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    snucker
    Participant

I seem to be having a hard time getting any video out of the OSSC using my GC other than the basic pass-through setting. I can see on my monitor that using pass-through the OSSC is sending me 720p video, I’d like to line2x my GC to get a sharper image on my monitor (should be 960p?). As-is, it looks really blurry.

EDIT: I am using official component cables.

Harrumph
    Participant

Not enough information. GC game or using GBP? Are you modifying any setting with Swiss?
    An output of 720p doesnt make sense anyhow, if the OSSC is set to passthrough.

snucker
    Participant

Currently I’ve only tested using GBP. I should see if a GC game works differently. My monitor shows a resolution of 720×480 coming from the OSSC, so I suppose it is 480p.

EDIT: It’s a stock GC with official component cables, nothing else.

If my monitor can support a custom 1440×960 60hz resolution is should support GC line2x from the OSSC?
    Custom 1440x960

snucker
    Participant

I get the same result while playing Metroid Prime in progressive scan mode.

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

It may be that your monitor does not support 480pX2 mode then.

snucker
    Participant

I’ll try on other monitors and my TV then. Would be weird though if I can set a custom resolution that is essentially 480pX2

Harrumph
    Participant

Depends on what the total line length of the custom resolution you tested. The output of linedoubled 480p on ossc would be 1716 samples (2×858) using dtv timing (using vesa timing would be incorrect for gamecube).
    You could still try getting a better image from gameboy player by using GBI (Game Boy Interface), where you can get a 360p output that the OSSC can linedouble to 720p, or linetriple to 1080p. I’d recommend running it via Swiss.
    Game boy interface high fidelity version

snucker
    Participant

For Swiss and GBI I need a modded console though, correct?

Harrumph
    Participant

No you just need an action replay disk and a SD-to-memorycard adapter, aka SD Media Launcher.

snucker
    Participant

Harrumph, thanks for the tip. I was able to load Swiss/GBI with SSBM, I purchased a GameCube to SD memory card adapter and it’s working well. So far I’m able to get it to output 240p in line3x mode and it looks significantly better than the stock GameBoy Player disc. Any tips on how to get it to 360p line3x like you suggested?

Harrumph
    Participant

Brief instructions Here, you can either use a separate cli file, or append the two needed options at the end of the dol file (use a simple text editor, but actually IIRC this is already done in the ”.dol+cli” file, which then is simply renamed to end with just .dol).
    Personally I use the hdcustom setting, in contrast to hd60 it has barely any stutter because the framerate is so much closer to original. In that case modify file accordingly (the default in the gbi-ossc files is hd60).

snucker
    Participant

Thanks!

snucker
    Participant

Works like a charm Harrumph, thanks for all of the help.

Harrumph
    Participant

Great!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.