Gamecube S-video with Bandridge automatic Scart Switch?

NewHome Forums OSSC, OSSC Pro and DExx-vd isl OSSC – Discussion and support Gamecube S-video with Bandridge automatic Scart Switch?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    donjuandl
    Participant

hi,
    looking to use the s-video input on my Bandridge Scart Switch to get my NTSC gamecube through my OSSC.

Is there a way to get it working?

Audio works, OSSC displays 525i and green sync light but i have no picture on my panasonic VIERA TC-L47E50 47-Inch 1080p 120Hz Full HD IPS LED-LCD TV.

thanks

nmalinoski
    Participant

Unfortunately, no. The OSSC only accepts RGB and YPbPr, and the SCART switch does not have the capability to decode composite or S-Video into RGB.

Since you already have an OSSC, I recommend a RetroTINK 2X paired with an active MiniHDMI to VGA converter, connected to AV3 of your OSSC.

donjuandl
    Participant

“Unfortunately, no. The OSSC only accepts RGB and YPbPr, and the SCART switch does not have the capability to decode composite or S-Video into RGB.”

This is what i thought but the green sync light and the 525i on the OSSC display was giving me hope that it could work.

my second option vas to hdmi mod my gamecube or get the Retrotink 2x.

thanks

nmalinoski
    Participant

Well, yes, you will get a sync signal because the OSSC can read the sync signal from composite and luma; it just can’t interpret those formats’ video signals.

RGB over SCART often uses composite video as the sync signal, and composite, luma, and clean composite sync are all transmitted over the same wire. So when you connect your S-Video source, luma is being placed on the sync line, and the OSSC is getting sync, but there’s no usable RGB data on the R, G, or B lines, so you won’t get an image.

If your only concern is your GameCube, I’d save up and get a GCDual installed. If you have other consoles to use it with, get the RT2X.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.