Gscartsw Issue With CRT

NewHome Forums General gaming Gscartsw Issue With CRT

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    smallking
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

Was wondering if anyone has experienced display issues when using the gscartsw with a CRT.

I am using a 14″ Sony Trinitron that for some reason when connected to my gscart initially shows the display of any of my consoles connected for no more than a second before it is overshawdowed with darkness. It’s as if the the brightness has been turned down to zero as I can still see the image very faintly it I look at the screen up close.

The gscart works with no issues when connected to my pc montior via the framemeister and I have tried using a different mechanical scart switch (hama av selector 100s) with my crt that works fine so I have ruled out any possible problems with my scart cables.

Could there possibly be compatibility issues with certain CRT models?

I have posted a video on reddit:

Opinions please on CRT issue with gscartsw_lite, please see previous post which explains issue in detail from crtgaming

Someone on the shmups forum mentioned that it could be regarding voltage compatibilty issues with scart pins 8 and 16 but I admit im a novice when it comes to electronics.

Let me know your thoughts.

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

My friends Sony CRT only works with his Mister when he uses the Gscart, I think Sony CRTs are sort of weird and picky.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.