OSSC Help for Dejitter SNES – SHVC-CPU-01 (slight noise, green signal, jailbars)

NewHome Forums Repairs and Mods OSSC Help for Dejitter SNES – SHVC-CPU-01 (slight noise, green signal, jailbars)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Drakonas
    Participant

Hello,
    I recently had a Dejitter mod installed in my SHVC-CPU-01 model SNES.

It has light noise on edges of certain pixels. It is pretty noticeable. Here is a link to a example video: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/591319044649385997/692726326700015626/20200326_092549.mp4

Here is a picture of the Dejitter board after being installed: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-7xjIMPoIlcg/XnywYrvam9I/AAAAAAAAAD8/Wf1Pxek8fRUEPNCMCqWxtfZUHPSh4HiBQCK8BGAsYHg/s0/2020-03-26.jpg

Here is a picture of the entire SNES main board after install: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-9YKmPlvxq0o/XnywYhFsZlI/AAAAAAAAAD4/PqsQmhtgxjA9_4TFqXVQEb0agYQrEAoQQCK8BGAsYHg/s0/2020-03-26.jpg

Any help would be appreciated.

I should note I have the SNES hooked using a HD Retrovision Component cable into a GCOMPSW, which is then sent to an OSSC. I have 5x enabled and working.

To note, another issue I have is occasionally I get a green signal when I switch from 3x to 5x line mult mode (all pixels come through, but are green hued).

I also see massive amounts of vertical jailbars on a game like Super Mario World. I may assume wrong, but I thought the dejitter might help with that. Perhaps I’m confusing it with some other de-ghosting mod.\

EDIT: New update:

Got a video of the green issue… and I have new issues now. 5x is jittering randomly and 3x jitters even worse. I never had 3x jitter on this TV. Sometimes it won’t even detect a signal from the OSSC at all on 3x now too. Secondly, now no audio at all comes out when I have the OSSC on 5x. I have tried upgrading the firmware from 0.84a to 0.85. I tried importing some SNES profiles and it was giving me audio cutoffs again every 5-10 seconds. I then tried resetting all OSSC settings, and now the green and 3x issues have started, along with the 5x jitter that wasn’t happening when I first got the SNES back.

Here’s a video of 5x with the green/jitter issue: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/591319044649385997/692823505250681052/20200326_155204.mp4

• This topic was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by Drakonas. Reason: Revised title to explain other issues and give more detail on my setup. Added details to body
    • This topic was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by Drakonas. Reason: Update with new issues. Included new video
    BuckoA51
    Keymaster

Can you try another console to rule out the OSSC being faulty?

Drakonas
    Participant

I tried my Dreamcast. That works fine.

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

Who did the dejitter install for you was it us?

Drakonas
    Participant

No, I had someone local to me install it. He is at a loss of what would cause the issue, but was willing to take a second look. However, we’re all in quarantine right now, so I am asking here to see if there may be any reason to believe this is being caused by something other than the installation. I find it odd that these problems are only occurring on the OSSC with 3x and 5x upscale, and not with a direct component feed to my HDTV. It doesn’t make sense to me why that would be due to a short circuit on the SNES itself. I have tested in a way that is logical, using the same cables and splitters, along with cutting out middleman devices (just a direct feed from SNES -> OSSC -> TV) to test if it is other devices. As far as I can tell, it’s either the OSSC or my SNES, but I don’t know which so I thought I’d ask.

• This reply was modified 3 days, 19 hours ago by Drakonas.
    • This reply was modified 3 days, 19 hours ago by Drakonas. Reason: removing unnecessary info
    • This reply was modified 3 days, 19 hours ago by Drakonas.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.