I am getting power through HDMI

NewHome Forums OSSC, OSSC Pro and DExx-vd isl OSSC – Discussion and support I am getting power through HDMI

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    wisebug
    Participant

I apologize if this was discussed before, but I still have not figured how to do a search.
    I plugged my OSSC to one of my pc monitors yesterday and when I walked into the office this morning the LCD screen on the OSSC was flashing, I tried to turn it off but it was still lit up, I unplugged it and it was still lit up, I started the Dreamcast that was hooked to it and got a picture on screen… So somehow, I’m able to use the OSSC without a power supply while connected through HDMI to an Asus ProArt monitor.

wisebug
    Participant

Update,
    I just did some testing and the power seem to be coming from my pc GPU that I have on a cheap HDMI bi-directional A-B switch (Bad design I guess), one cable goes to my monitor the other to the PC. I guess it is sending some voltage even when not the active output/input.

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

Some voltage via HDMI is normal but that seems excessive. Are you using a displayport to HDMI adapter?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.