Image offsetting in line 4x mode (NEW IMAGE LINK)

NewHome Forums OSSC & OSSC Pro OSSC – Discussion and support Image offsetting in line 4x mode (NEW IMAGE LINK)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mathdewa
    Participant

image0

Hello everyone !
    First I have to say that this great forum has been of a great help ever since I decided to acquire an OSSC device to enhance my retro gaming experience on my 1997 PlayStation. Everything has been working perfectly so far as I kept the factory setting to operate the OSSC in line 2x mode.
    Yet now, I would need your help for a specific problem I’ve encountered. So far my LG gaming monitor only accepted line 2x for some unknown reason while my former BenQ monitor accepted anything but line 5x. In an effort to tackle the problem, I decided to change the output of my OSSC to DVI which seems to work as I managed to get an image in line 4x mode but the thing is that the image seems to be a bit distorted as some “lines” are off entered (see image capture).
    Do you think there is a way to correct the issue by optimising the setting of my OSSC ?
    Here is some further information about my installation:
    – PlayStation 1
    – LG 24 inch gaming monitor
    – OSSC linked to the console with RGC Scart cable
    – OSSC settings are factory besides the purposely selected DVI output mode
    Many thanks for your help !
    Cheers from Belgium,
    Mathieu

• This topic was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by mathdewa.
    Furyofury
    Participant

Are the screens monitors (pc screen) or tv (a screen with an internal upscaler)? Which models?
    Not all screens (pc or tv) take all input formats. A pc screen is more “flexible” / accepts better than a tv.
    What resolutions do the screens have? Fullhd (1080), less, more ???
    If the PS1 comes out of 240 (for example), then in x5 = 1200. And if your screen is 1080 it is necessarily impossible. 1200> 1080 logic.
    For this image corruption it will be necessary to see with the pros of the forums;)

nmalinoski
    Participant

If the PS1 comes out of 240 (for example), then in x5 = 1200. And if your screen is 1080 it is necessarily impossible. 1200> 1080 logic.
    For this image corruption it will be necessary to see with the pros of the forums;)

Line5x processing for 240p allows for a few different output modes, namely 1600×1200, 1920×1200, and 1920×1080 (top and bottom cropped), of which the last is the default; so, assuming that all the processing settings are defaults as the OP describes, then line5x should be outputting 1920×1080, which should not cause image corruption on a 1080p display.

It might be useful to know the exact model of the displays in use, as well as which firmware is installed on the OSSC (obviously try the latest if you haven’t already).

mathdewa
    Participant

Hello to both of you,
    Many thanks for your follow up and insights !
    I use a LG 24MK400H-B PC monitor (FullHD 1080) and have the latest update installed on my OSSC. I tried to force the image to a 4:3 ratio using the settings as found on the forum. It doesn’t seem to change the distortion of some lines and even seem to be incompatible with some resolutions (314p works fine for example but I have a black screen with 625i resolutions / the original PlayStation keeps changing resolutions).
    The idea would be to force the output to 4:3 no matter the resolution: any suggestions ?
    Mathieu

• This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by mathdewa.
    Furyofury
    Participant

nmalinoski, exact for 1080 x5 I forgot because I do not use it as it cracks the image) 😉

mathdewa, for 4/3 did you look in the settings?
    Output opt.
    Line2x mode Generic 4:3
    Line3x mode Generic 4:3

these are already the default settings

http://junkerhq.net/xrgb/index.php?title=OSSC#Output_opt.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.