Interference on Super Famicom with OSSC

NewHome Forums OSSC & OSSC Pro OSSC – Discussion and support Interference on Super Famicom with OSSC

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Maka8295
    Participant

I’m getting some pretty bad interference when using my SFC with my OSSC. I’ve tried using it on multiple displays and I get the same issue, I would test the SFC without the OSSC but I have no other means of connecting it to a display. I have a feeling the problem is with the power supply as I’m using an aftermarket one at 9v instead of 10v, but I just want to rule out that its not an issue with my SCART cables or OSSC.

View post on imgur.com

The faint vertical line is far far more pronounced than it’s meant to be, and can be easily seen even over bright colours. The diagonal interference also seems to flicker slightly.

Any help at all would be fantastic… Sorry if this is in the wrong place!

• This topic was modified 7 months, 3 weeks ago by Maka8295.
    BuckoA51
    Keymaster

While the output from some multichip SNES consoles can be noisy, I would absolutely try another PSU as a first step. I had noise on my NES that was cured by simply swapping to a good quality PSU.

Maka8295
    Participant

Thanks for the reply 🙂 I’ll try get my hands on a good official one, hopefully that fixes it!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.