Is OSSC capable to show the Amiga Workbench high resolutions without flickering?

NewHome Forums OSSC, OSSC Pro and DExx-vd isl OSSC – Discussion and support Is OSSC capable to show the Amiga Workbench high resolutions without flickering?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    glat
    Participant

I’d like to use OSSC to show on a monitor the high resolution modes of the Workbench. I mean the ones which usually are interlaced, such as 640×400 etc.
    Is it able to show some high resolution modes without interlacing flickering?
    Of course I’ve to use a RGB->SCART cable.
    Thanks

• This topic was modified 6 months ago by glat.
    BuckoA51
    Keymaster

Only if you use passthrough mode and a display with a deinterlacer of its own.

glat
    Participant

I see. I use a 4K LG monitor, but I don’t think it has a deinterlacer.
    Any Retrotink is able to?
    Thanks

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

I’d honestly be very surprised if it didn’t, try it.

Only the RetroTINK 5x has a full motion adaptive deinterlacer.

glat
    Participant

I’ll try when I’ll get the RetroTink, but it’s a Mini, so I can’t use it by scart, but only with composite.
    Have a nice year!

glat
    Participant

Sorry, I did not understand. You wrote me that only the RetroTink 5X is able to deinterlace and I should try the OSSC in passthrough mode!
    Matter is I did not have an OSSC, I ordered a RetroTink 2X mini for my C64/VIC20 collection.
    I’m thinking about to order an OSSC now, but I’d like to be sure about its behaviour.
    Thanks

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

Check the specs of your monitor online or in the instruction book to see if it supports interlace video. Unfortunately RetroTINK Mini cannot be set to passthrough mode.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.