Issue getting OSSC to work with my N64

NewHome Forums OSSC & OSSC Pro OSSC – Discussion and support Issue getting OSSC to work with my N64

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    psyfl
    Participant

Hi. I’m trying to get my OSSC to with with my NTSC-J N64. The N64 has been RGB modded and I am using it with an RGB scart sync on luma cable. I set the input mode to AV1 RGBS, which seems to be the correct one for my setup, but I don’t receive any N64 video output on my monitor. I’m only getting an image of a black to white gradient. I don’t have any other consoles to test with right now. I also tried the various other input modes but they don’t work either. If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this then it would be much appreciated.

nmalinoski
    Participant

That gradient is the OSSC’s test screen, which appears on boot and disappears when it receives a sync signal. Since the OSSC is still displaying its test screen, back up to the OSSC and the N64.

You are correct that AV1-RGBS is the correct input for typical SCART sources; so, if the test screen isn’t going away, take a look at the OSSC’s LCD screen and its LED. Is the LED solid red? Does the LCD say “NO SYNC”?

Also, what kind of RGB mod was installed, and how was it installed? If the luma pin was, for whatever reason, severed, then your cable would be useless. I was also under the impression that people who get their N64s RGB-modded are recommended CSync cables; did you decide on a sync-on-luma cable from a recommendation?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.