Issue with OSSC , Dreamcast Aspect Ratio with MClassic

NewHome Forums OSSC & OSSC Pro OSSC – Discussion and support Issue with OSSC , Dreamcast Aspect Ratio with MClassic

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Windguy432
    Participant

Hi all.

I am having difficulties setting up my Sega Dreamcast with the OSSC using a Hanzo VGA box. As you all are probably aware of the Dreamcast’s VGA output is off, resulting in a squished image. The Firebrandx Dreamcast optimal timing profile accounts for this issue, and displays the proper aspect ratio line doubled at 960p. This looks great, and is luckily supported by my Sony KDL-40R380B television.

Now I am trying to incorporate the Mclassic into my setup for the great (in my opinion) anti-aliasing it provides. With the OSSC using the Firebrandx profile outputting 960p through the Mclassic however, I get some kind of interference going across the entirety of the screen seen here: https://imgur.com/a/57hVP8o

After seeing this I tried lowering the 480p output from 2x to passthrough in the Firebrandx profile, which to my surprise my tv did not recognize whatsoever. My tv did recognize the Dreamcast outputting 480p passthrough into the Mclassic with default settings, but with this I still have the previously mentioned aspect ratio issues. I believe that for whatever reason the Mclassic does not like the 480p in sampler setting set to “DTV 480p” when the output resolution is 480p, but it will display it in 960p (with that bad interference). Any attempts to change the horizontal active area through the OSSC make the signal unrecognizable to my TV, so I am stuck on what to do. There doesn’t seem to be any way to adjust the aspect ratio through my tv settings either. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can output the Dreamcast through the Mclassic with the proper aspect ratio? Thanks!

Furyofury
    Participant

I’m interested, the ratio does not look good with this setting (no choice). With the Firebrandx profile I have to switch to 640×480 because my TV loses sync if I put DTV.
    I have a Sony KDL-40W705c TV, Dreamcast VGABox Retrobit (very very cheap, pending a KuroPlus (when I could) and a DVDO Edge.
    My tv only takes the x1 for that I go through the DVDO.

DVDO GameMode ON and tested with 2 scaling (720p and 1080p).

• This reply was modified 3 weeks ago by Furyofury.
    • This reply was modified 3 weeks ago by Furyofury.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.