LG BX OLED gets intermittent static image with OSSC

NewHome Forums OSSC & OSSC Pro OSSC – Discussion and support LG BX OLED gets intermittent static image with OSSC

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    MasoElCaveman
    Participant

This issue normally doesn’t happen often, but I’ve noticed when playing 4×4 Evolution on my Dreamcast through the Kuro vga box, my screen gets this random static over my whole image for a split second.

The weird thing is, is that when I switch to 1st person view it basically never happens. But when in 3rd person it happens almost once every 20 seconds or more and is very distracting. When in 3rd person in this game the frames do get lower; so it runs at a higher fps more consistently when in 1st.

Here’s it in action

Any thoughts?

Edit: This isn’t the OSSC. I just viewed some wallpapers on wallpaper engine through my pc using a different hdmi, and some of those made by display do that exact same thing. Mostly fast moving bright content makes it happen, what’s this mean for my tv? Bad hdmi cables or bad panel?

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

I would definitely start with changing the HDMI cable. Any switches/splitters etc in the chain?

MasoElCaveman
    Participant

No switches or splitters, just going straight hdmi from ossc to my display. I’ve now tried 4 different hdmi cables, but none of them have the orange certified hdmi.org label as my run is ~30ft and I can’t find any certified ones local for that length.

Looks like I gotta pay a little more and try finding a certified high speed hdmi from online to test.

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

Have you checked see if Blue Jeans Cable sell a certified cable that long? I think they do.

Can’t hook up a shorter cable just temporarily to test?

Harrumph
    Participant

Maybe try a repeater/booster?

MasoElCaveman
    Participant

I just received a 30ft certified monoprice cable and same result. I guess the next thing for me to do is move my whole setup so I can try a shorter cable on my tv. That’s going to take some time hopping up on my table and moving the Dreamcast, Kuro, and OSSC into a temporary position, but I need to know if I can get it to stop.

MasoElCaveman
    Participant

Before moving my setup I tried it on my old pc display and no glitching there.

Just moved the Dreamcast closer to the tv and tried 2 other short hdmi cables and SAME GLITCHY RESULTS! It has to be something in my tv… not cool.

MasoElCaveman
    Participant

Just captured an interesting screen shot. Only the hdmi source itself is getting the static.

https://ibb.co/r3tV1z6

Hmmmm…

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

You mean you’re only getting the static on HDMI 4 and that’s the only one with deep colour off? Deep colour shouldn’t make a difference for OSSC.

MasoElCaveman
    Participant

No all the hdmi sources are getting it no matter the setting. That last picture just proves that it isn’t my whole panel glitching as the built in tv settings menu doesn’t get affected during the glitch

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

Ok, but definitely try disabling deep colour on the input if you haven’t already.

If every input is doing that regardless of source or cable then you may have a faulty panel.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.