Master System 2 PAL MOD – No source on HDMI

NewHome Forums OSSC & OSSC Pro OSSC – Discussion and support Master System 2 PAL MOD – No source on HDMI

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    niallod55
    Participant

Hi guys, I recently got a modded Master System 2 PAL but having some trouble hooking it up to my OSSC. I bought a Hellfire Master System 1 RGB cable for it and it does work as I have tested on a TV through the scart connection. However when I put it into the OSSC the box is picking up something but the display keeps flickering on the device.

It mainly reads:

AV1: RGBS 313P
    15.54KHz 49.66

But does flicker through other numbers quickly. Any thoughts to help me out would be greatly appreciated.

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

Can you try switching to another input and back again please?

nmalinoski
    Participant

My gut instinct is to blame the mod. Can you post some photos of the inside of the console, specifically the mod work?

niallod55
    Participant

I tried switching to another input but exact same result – says no source on the Samsung tv.

I dont want to open up the console as it was got online and if it’s a fault with it I should still be able to send it back

paulb_nl
    Participant

Try setting H-PLL Pre-Coast and Post-Coast to 3 and tweaking Analog sync Vth.

niallod55
    Participant

Thank you, gave it ago and it gave some sort of signal. Tried with sonic the hedgehog 2 first and the picture was there, but pretty fuzzy. Guess that’s the analogue signal for you. But still nice to get some sort of picture.

Tried with the built in Alex Kidd game after but this didn’t work well at all – it flickered in and out of picture then just nothing.

Any ideas what would cause this?

paulb_nl
    Participant

Do you have the OSSC set to Optimized mode? That can make the picture fuzzy if you don’t tweak the timings. If so set it to Generic mode.

The remaining sync issue could be caused by the RGB cable. Do you get stable sync when you connect the yellow composite cable to the green input of AV2? You should see a black&white noisy picture.

niallod55
    Participant

My ossc is set to generic mode. No image appearing at all in any of the settings.

I cannot test this sadly with my t.v. as there is no scart available on it. It’s 2017 Samsung TV so they dont put them in any more.

I got my cable from eBay as was recommended by the seller. Its the one he uses to test:
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F132155184054

I originally bought one off retro gaming cables for the master system 1 that did not work. I got a reply from the website owner saying:
    This cable is wired for CSYNC of pin 7 rather than using comp over sync which is pin 3 of the 8 pin DIN plug.

paulb_nl
    Participant

I meant that you should connect a standard yellow composite video cable to the green AV2 input of your OSSC and test if you get stable sync on that input. If you get a stable sync that way then the issue is with the RGB cable and otherwise there is something wrong with the mod.

If you get no/unstable sync or no noisy black&white picture with the composite video cable then the modder might have connected unattenuated CSYNC to the composite video pin. You should send the console back in that case.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.