Maybe a stupid question

NewHome Forums OSSC & OSSC Pro OSSC – Discussion and support Maybe a stupid question

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    echofreeze
    Participant

Hi guys,

I ordered the HD retrovision cable with ps1 adapter to hook up my ps1 with the ossc. I’ve noticed that the ossc only has 3 inputs for component. Further, I’ve noticed that the Samsung adapter, to hook component directly to my tv, also only has 3 inputs. Am I missing something obvious here? Both these devices seem to be missing the audio inputs. Component cables have 5 outputs but both the ossc and my tv provide 3 inputs. How am I meant to input audio? There must be an obvious answer to this I’m missing.

Thanks.

Zacabeb
    Participant

If you have a 1.6 OSSC, the 3.5 mm jack on the side for AV1 audio output doubles as an audio input for AV2 with a toggle switch.

echofreeze
    Participant

Ok right. So you need a red and white rca to 3.5mm adapter, put it in the audio left of HDMI, and flick the switch. Thanks. Odd design. But thanks.

Jarrah White
    Participant

You’ll need one of these or a similar 3.5mm to RCA adapter to use the component cables’ audio jacks.

nmalinoski
    Participant

I bought one of these for my setup; something like that should add some cable relief compared to the solid style adapter shown above.

Jarrah White
    Participant

Here’s a thought: will the OSSC Pro model come with RCA audio inputs?

Zacabeb
    Participant

The OSSC Pro is supposed to have both RCA audio inputs and TosLink.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.