MVS and IGS PMG on Panasonic TV ? Panasonic Hack?

NewHome Forums OSSC & OSSC Pro OSSC – Discussion and support MVS and IGS PMG on Panasonic TV ? Panasonic Hack?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    donjuandl
    Participant

Hi, i run my ossc on my 47 inch Panasonic VIERA TC-L47ET5. It only displays all my consoles in 2X and i’m ok with that for the momment.

Just got a Neogeo MVS MC1C board and a IGS PGM V14 board and the TV doesnt display the sub-60hz video in every modes. The ossc gets the sync but i only get the audio out of my tv.

When i saw the “panasonic hack” in the new firmware update, i was super confident it would solve my problem. Unfortnately, it doesnt work with the option enabled. there is also no sound from the tv when this option is enabled.

Is there something more i could try ? Or maybe i’m stuck playing these arcade boards on my PVM!

thx

nmalinoski
    Participant

1080p TVs don’t exactly have a good track record with the OSSC. You’ll probably need a secondary video processor to perform framerate conversion in order to get that video signal working on your display. Something like the Extron DSC 301 HD would normalize (and optionally scale) the signal to something that your display could handle, but it would add about a frame of lag, and, because it’s doing framerate conversion, you might end up with minor video studder.

The alternative would be to get a different display that can handle that signal; either a CRT or a known-compatible 4K TV, something like TCL’s US models or LG’s OLEDs.

donjuandl
    Participant

thx man, will think about this. Extron DSC301 HD seems a good choice and also cheaper than a new tv. I could use it for my arcade boards.

Any idea what the Panasonic Hack really does? i was hoping it could resolve my problem!

marqs
    Participant

It will only help in line2x mode where some Panasonics have only +-1 line tolerance with 525/625-line video.

donjuandl
    Participant

thx marqs

it doesnt work on my panasonic! I had big hopes !

nmalinoski
    Participant

I don’t think it would have worked anyway, because the Panasonic hack seems to address line counts rather than framerate.

donjuandl
    Participant

@nmalinoski

will maybe try the extron dsc301 hd. Any other place to buy one than ebay ?

thx

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.