My YouTube playlist – S-Video tests with PC-FX and N64

NewHome Forums RetroTink 2 Products My YouTube playlist – S-Video tests with PC-FX and N64

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Torgo
    Participant

Here are the test videos that I’ve uploaded so far. All are connected to the RetroTINK 2X via S-Video, 480P and Filtering enabled. Specidics are in the notes of each video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFE79-i1Cug&list=PLJA9bmbxXOpzadsL95ZSEMx-jtMILXtJk&index=1

The next step is to hook the Laserdisc player up and see how that works out πŸ™‚ Seriously happy with this device so far!

James-F
    Participant

Great videos!

Please share some Composite videos, mainly NES.
    Upload 60fps videos if you can.

Thanks!

Torgo
    Participant

Anything else that I can do for you? lol

Torgo
    Participant

I just posted 2 from Metroid Prime on Gamecube. 1 using S-Video, and the other using Component for a comparison of sorts

James-F
    Participant

Thanks Torgo.

A few notes:
    You have wrong black levels in your videos, they appear grey.
    480p video of 480p content doesn’t truly show how the RetroTink2x looks, because of youtube magic.
    Moreover, a 60fps video will reflect the behavior of the decoder much clearer in a video since the artifact removal algorithm works in 60fps.

Personally I own a OSSC, but really want a RT2x for Composite signal of my NES, that’s why I requested a proper Composite video in 1080@60 of the RT2x, mainly the NES.
    RetroRGB’s video review had mere few seconds of actual composite gameplay which was not enough.
    Since you are among the first owners of this unit that can capture a good video of it working, I thought I would ask you to demonstrate it’s capabilities with poorer signal, but I read you’re not very eager to do that. πŸ™‚

Cheers.

Torgo
    Participant

Yeah, I’m not a video “aficionado” so this is pretty-much what you’ll get from me. They ARE running at 59.94FPS though, that I CAN confirm.

For Composite, I just need to find my NES power supply, controller, and some games.

bamf226
    Participant

I watched the Metroid Prime Composite and S-Video videos but didn’t see much difference. Can you comment on what differences you notice in person?

Torgo
    Participant

I recorded some Samurai Shodown V Special on my modded Neo Geo AES today, using Composite, S-Video, and Component. I attempted to tune the color and black levels a bit on the Elgato software, but you can only do so much :-/

Uploading the footage without any editing or processing, so I’m sure that YouTube will screw something up like it usually does.

My AES is modded with a UniBIOS, stereo out, and Composite, S-Video, and Component out, but the composite signal seems a bit “noisy” (never used the composite output before lol).
    Modded AES

Uploading now, so it’ll be a little while fr anything to publish

James-F
    Participant

Thanks Torgo.

The black (and white) levels are wrong because in your Elgato software you have HDMI levels set to “Full”, but apparently the RetroTink2x outputs “Limited” HDMI levels.
    So change HDMI levels to Limited in your software.
    Sometimes these called “Standard” and “Expanded”.

There is no need to play with the Brightness, Contrast settings to correct wrong HDMI levels.

Torgo
    Participant

I figured that already, but the Elgato was being a pill yesterday, so I switched over to the Avermedia LGX at the end of the day. I still have to play with the settings on it though. I’m liking even more that Mike added a test pattern on the Tink πŸ™‚

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.