Neo-Geo sync problem

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Manmax
    Participant

Hello. Ossc with last firmware and old LG 720p TV works fine with PAL and NTSC genesis, super Famicom and PC engine.(line2x)

I tryed my Sega saturn PAL but screen is waving, shivering or whatever word you prefer. As the PAL saturn only outpout vidéo sync i thought it was the problem.

But exactly same thing with my Neo-Geo.
    Tested with 3 différent câbles.

Strange thing is that picture is stable when output mode is on bypass mode.

Any idea ?

nmalinoski
    Participant

If by shimmering you mean a bit of a vertical shaking, your Saturn and Neo Geo are probably outputting an interlaced signal (480i/576i), to which the OSSC normally applies bob deinterlacing. Setting 480i/576i to passthrough lets your TV handle deinterlacing, which is often better than the OSSC (assuming the display even supports interlaced video over HDMI, which yours seems to do), typically at the expense of some amount of lag.

Manmax
    Participant

Thanx for reply.

Neo-Geo and saturn are both 240p un line 2x
    Neo-Geo rate is 59.60hz.

I followed wiki settings but still the same.
    Do you think it could be HDMI câble or TV tolérance ?

Manmax
    Participant

OK so i successfully got a stable sync with a low h samplerate value.

Now i am trying to center the image horizontale because the left part is cut. Only way i found is to lower h samplerate and adjust h backpoarch, but when image is well centered i got random blank screen

Any idea ?

Harrumph
    Participant

The values are related such that h.samplerate = h.active + h.frontporch + h.sync + h.backporch. H.frontporch is calculated from the other values, so make sure you have not adjusted the values so that h.frontporch becomes too small or negative. Also if you have decreased samplerate, it’s probably a good idea to lower h.sync proportionally.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.