Neo MVS MV1AX + Retroelektronic Supergun + OSSC – No Sync

NewHome Forums OSSC & OSSC Pro OSSC – Discussion and support Neo MVS MV1AX + Retroelektronic Supergun + OSSC – No Sync

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    NoAffinity
    Participant

Wondering if anyone else has this particular setup. I have a MVC MV1AX connected to Retroelektronic supergun -> SCART ouptut to OSSC. OSSC is showing No Sync.

I’m expecting that the issue lies between the RE supergun and the OSSC.

I plug in any other gameboard into the RE supergun, and it works fine with the OSSC. I plug the MVC MV1AX into a JAMMA cab, and it works fine. I reconnect the MVS to the RE supergun, unplug the SCART out cable from the RE supergun, and take video from the RE supergun through a Gonbes GBS-8200 and it’s working fine (albeit with crappy Gonbes video quality).

What am I missing?

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

tried the settings on the wiki?

NoAffinity
    Participant

This is what I see on the wiki:

Neo-Geo MVS 320×240 @59.19Hz 384 / 264 / @6.00MHz [12] 320×240 H.samplerate=384, H.backporch=25

So, I loaded default settings, changed all Output Opt->line#x to 320:240 opt

Went to Sampling Opt.->Adv. Timing 320×240-> Changed H.samplerate and H.backporch per the above.

I also tried changing V. active to 384 and H. active to 264.

So, far: AV1: RGBS NO SYNC

I think I know my way around the OSSC at this point, but provided my steps just in case I’m doing something dumb.

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

Not the advanced timing settings, the sync settings as per the MVS page (Compatibility and special configuration->Neo Geo MVS):-

http://junkerhq.net/xrgb/index.php?title=Neo_Geo_MVS

NoAffinity
    Participant

Got it working! Had to change the items you noted, BuckoA51, and Analog LPF to 10MHz. So, all settings changed in order to get the MVS stably syncing w/ the OSSC:

Sync OPT. -> H-PLL Post-Coast – 2 lines
    Sync OPT. -> Hsync Tolerance – 8.30us
    Sync OPT. -> Analog LPF – 10MHz

I also had to mess with H./V. Backporch and Synclen. The sides are cut off in the test mode grid pattern. I’m not sure if they are in game. I haven’t played this title enough to know. If someone can offer some feedback, and how to fix if the sides are cut off, it would be appreciated.

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

Ideally you don’t want any of the grid cut off though given some CRTs used to overscan like nobodies business there shouldn’t be anything game critical in the red area on the grid test.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.