NES no sound

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Yovan Basurto
    Participant

Hey guys I have my new connected through scart in 5X mode to my oled 4K.

I get no sound no matter what I do. I tested the system and wires and they work. If I connected the sound directly to my tv or receiver I get sound but the ossc does not want to get sound no matter what. Ugh. Any ideas?

Yovan Basurto
    Participant

Oops I figured it out. That little tiny button on av2 in/av1 out had to be switched. On mode gives me sound for av2 and the other mode gives me sound for av1.

Yovan Basurto
    Participant

What’s weird is that the thing says AV1 output and AV2 input.

But it also functions as a AV1 input? It has too since my NES is connected with scart (the pins type) and then the audio goes out through a 3.5mm wire and into the OSSC.

I wasn’t getting any audio and it was driving me nuts but then finally i moved the switch from av2 in (which i was using for my gamecube) to av1 out and finally FINALLY i got sound. Which again weird since it says audio out for that connection.

Oh well at least it works now. The only tricky thing is i can’t have the component and scart at the same time and audio without me hitting that tiny damn hard to get button back and forth.

Yovan Basurto
    Participant

ok so after some more research i found out that AV1 3.5mm is meant to be only out but i guess unintentionally it can also be used as in.

Which for my case is great! lol. Since my NES is an old RGB mod with a scart that uses that round connection with pins and then a separate connection for audio that uses 3.5mm jack.

So once i hit the av1 out it took the sound as in. Much to my relief. Was i confused? yes. Did i question it? lol. not much.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.