NESRGB (Original AV famicom) flickering on OSSC

NewHome Forums OSSC, OSSC Pro and DExx-vd isl OSSC – Discussion and support NESRGB (Original AV famicom) flickering on OSSC

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Gilvin
    Participant

Hi, I’ve recorded the symptoms, due to the lack of domain knowledge, I have no idea whether this is a sync issue or something else.

The symptoms could be seen on my computer monitor (ASUS P348Q), but on my HDTV, everything looks fine and dandy.

The refresh rate is somewhat strange, from 60.02Hz to 60.22Hz, not that stable.

This is running on 2X doubling, all settings default, the flickering is subtle:

And this is running on 3x scaling, all settings default also, the flickering is really bad.

What is the cause of this, and is there a way I can tune the OSSC to fix this problem?

nmalinoski
    Participant

Jittery sync is a known issue with the NES and SNES. Did you also install a dejitter mod alongside your NESRGB?

Gilvin
    Participant

Hi nmalinoski, never heard of the device until you bring that up, I haven’t install the de-jitter.

NewYears1978
    Participant

Hrm my NES is an original with a NESRGB mod and it doesn’t have any flicker at all..not sure if the guy who installed mine put in that Dejitter thing or what..

Wish I could be more help.

Gilvin
    Participant

Looks like that I need to install a RGB de-jitter clock source, then I’ll revisit if the problem exists, thank you all.

Gilvin
    Participant

Got my de-jitter module yesterday, after the installation everything looks extremely stable.

OSSC 2x scaling:

OSSC 3x scaling:

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.