No audio with new Dexx board

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Nedelman
    Participant

I received my Dexx board earlier today, and promptly installed it onto my DE10-Nano. I flashed the SD card and updated the firmware as described in https://junkerhq.net//xrgb/index.php?title=DExx-vd_isl#Firmware_update.

I’ve tried multiple systems (PS1, Genesis, SNES), all plugged directly into the Dexx via scart (with that red switch on the Dexx board in the proper position), and I get a picture, but no audio through HDMI. Not even a hint of audio, with any system. I don’t have any issues with my original OSSC or Retrotink5x.

Is this a known issue with the current firmware or do I have a bad board? Or is it something else?

• This topic was modified 1 month ago by Nedelman.
    marqs
    Participant

Have you connected the 4-pin jumper cable on correct position?

Nedelman
    Participant

Yes, the jumper cable was connected. I’ve attached a picture.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PvEzJi93f4KOfXcRkvd4EOcWUSb9MHLS/view?usp=sharing

Nedelman
    Participant

I’ve taken a second look at my setup and the 4-pin cable was reversed. Dumb mistake.

On to the testing…

GigaBoots
    Participant

I have mine hooked up correctly and the audio isn’t working at all. I updated the firmware also just to be sure. Tried on a variety of devices, none detect audio.

-Setup-
    Dexx side: On J2 B-G-Y-R (left to right)
    De-10 side: 4 in front, 10 in back, R-Y-G-B (front to back)

-Image-

marqs
    Participant

The cable seems to be indeed hooked correctly so problem must be elsewhere. The boards have been tested on the factory so it’s unlikely the audio section would have just stopped working. Which display(s) have you tried connecting the DE10-Nano to, and have you used it for anything else (e.g. Mister) which outputs HDMI audio to ensure that DE10-Nano itself is not faulty?

GigaBoots
    Participant

I replied via private message with more details and pics doing what you asked.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.